Saturday, April 18, 2009

How I promote my bookstore

After three months running my bookstore, I felt that I had to do something to increase the sales of my books. I then considered a few options which I might take to attract people to come to my bookstore. Placing advertisement in the newspaper, distributing book info, paying advertisement on the radio and etc were some of the options that I could pay. I chose printing brochures and radio ads as my first promotion campaign.

I used a Sony digital camera to take pictures of some of the newly arrived books for making the book info. Then with the help of Adobe Photoshop and Microsoft Publisher I designed the brochures. I only printed them with Canon Pixma IP 1200. It was a simple yet robust and powerful color printer. Every week, I printed up to 150 brochures which I gave away to schools children who entered my bookstore. They then gave them to their parents. Within one month after I made and gave away the brochures, my book selling rose up to 200 percent. I was very fortunate at the time because a friend of mine Mr. James Taroreh helped me airing my promotional campaign in Arauna FM radio for free.

It's been three years now and my bookstore is still running. The total selling has reached more than 30 million rupiahs. I hope that the presence of Xavier bookstore can help people in this town to get information which they really need and also at the same time become my financial resource. by Charles Roring in Manokwari of West Papua - Indonesia

No comments:

Follow by Email