Sunday, April 19, 2009

What book categories in my bookstore that I sell the most?

I run a small home based bookstore. The books range from computer, fiction to agriculture and engineering. I usually order between three to five books for every title. Manokwari where my Xavier bookstore is located is only a small town. Its population is around 100,000 people.


People come to the bookstore to by Christian, computer, agriculture and health books. These are the categories of books which I sell the most. My bookstore is not crowded with people. Some two to three book lovers can be seen from time to time.


If you are interested in running a bookstore, you will have to determine the types or categories of books which you want to buy.


The best method which you can apply before ordering your books or merchandise is surveying the demography of your town or city. What are they? Is your city or town located in mountainous or coastal region? Is there a university nearby? The professions of the town dwellers will most likely determine the type of books that they will buy.


My bookstore is located in a town that is near to the beach and near to the agricultural center. So, I sell books that are related to agriculture and business. Majority of the population is Protestant. This data influences the type of books that I sell.


If you run your bookstore fully online, the demography will not much influence the merchandise that you intend to sell. I sell many titles of books online. They are ordered mostly from cities far away from my base town. The owner of online bookstore needs to update the data in his or her website regularly so that search engine can index it regularly too. by Charles Roring in Manokwari of West Papua - Indonesia

No comments:

Follow by Email