Authors: Richar E. Baker, Theodore Christensen, David Cottrell
Topics of discussions:
- Acquisition among companies and investment on other entities;
- Reporting ownership between companies;
- Consolidation of Entities and Consolidation of Financial Report;
- Consolidation on the Date of Acquisition;
- Consolidation After the Acquisition;
- Debts Between Companies;
- Issues of Ownership in Consolidation
- Other Issues in the Reports that are Related to Consolidation
- and etc.
The business environment in the United States might be the most dynamic and competitive in the world. There are new companies and new products that enter the business world but there are also other companies that have to go out of business or experience substantial changes in order to survive. In this situation, the existing companies often realize that they have to merge with other businesses or establish new operations in other sectors that are growing.
In recent years, the business world has seen a lot of acquisition and mergers which often involve big and famous corporations. Some of the mergers have attracted public attention due to the involvement of important figures and their strategies that are implemented with huge amount of money at stake.
Today's business environment is the most attractive and challenging in history signified by the fast changes and high complexities. In this environment, such regulators as Securities and Exchange Commission - SEC and Financial Accounting Standards Board have to give immediate action to give appropriate response that ensure the continues advantage of accounting report that reflects the reality of the economy.